The Energy Modeling Analyst will join the dynamic and fast growing Energy and Sustainability Group at RDA; using building energy simulation tools to help commercial tenants and building owners understand how they use energy and what they can do to use less. The position will require both technical analytical work and client contact in performing all aspects of building energy modeling.
- Undertake building energy modeling, keeping well organized records of inputs and outputs.
- Examine both field conditions and design documents, and represent relevant details appropriately in building energy modeling analysis.
- Understand, and construct building energy models in accordance with, the requirements of applicable codes and standards (including: ASHRAE 90.1, LEED v4, the IECC, the NYCECC, and the COMNET Commercial Building Energy Modeling Guidelines and Procedures).
- Undertake lifecycle cost analysis of energy saving measures related to: lighting, HVAC, building fabric, plug loads, operational parameters, end-user behavior, and other areas as required.
- Communicate and work well with other members of project and client teams, including both technical and non-technical people.
- Prepare clear and informative reports, making use of data visualization to help communicate key information.
- The Energy Modeling Analyst may also assist with energy auditing, retro-commissioning, marketing and/or engineering design tasks as required.
- BS in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering, Physical Sciences or a related field
- Good understanding of both building physics and mechanical systems
- Good working knowledge of energy modeling software, such as eQUEST, Energy Plus, or IES <VE>
- Good working knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1, LEED v4, the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), and the New York City Energy Conservation Code (NYCECC)
- Good communication skills, both written and personal
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own time
- Ability to in deliver projects on time and to a high quality
- 1 - 2 year of building energy modeling experience
- Certification as a Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP)
- Knowledge/Experience of energy efficiency as it applies to existing buildings and tenant space
- Knowledge/Experience of clean or renewable energy technologies in the built environment
- Knowledge/Experience of end user behavior and change management within organizations