We are actively hiring for our new Morristown, NJ office and are currently seeking an individual with 5+ years of experience in HVAC engineering. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, an effective team player, and will aid in the growth and success of the office.
- Project Management: coordinating the engineering team to deliver cohesive and complete project packages. Acting as the day to day liaison for clients and architects on projects and attending client meetings through the construction process.
- Representing the firm in all interactions with clients, architects, contractors and other project consultants.
- Performing mechanical calculations, equipment selection, equipment specification, system design, system layout, field investigation and construction administration.
- Establishing mechanical design standards and preparing specifications and design criteria for projects.
- Being the HVAC design lead on projects by aiding our junior mechanical engineers and acting as a technical resource.
- Preparing due diligence reports and feasibility studies addressing building mechanical systems.
- Preparing technical presentations and participating in business development activities.
- Participating in Quality Control sessions critiquing work completed by the mechanical staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration desirable but not necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as mechanical engineer for a consulting firm in the design of HVAC systems.
- Thorough familiarity and understanding of mechanical infrastructure and distribution fit-out for commercial office buildings.
- Experience in collaborating with clients and their representatives related to pre-lease services.
- Thorough understanding of the International Mechanical Code.
- Understanding of LEED and International Energy Conservation Codes.
- Working Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or REVIT.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team-oriented mindset.